Rules and Guidelines
- All nominees must be women (18 and over) and residents of Alberta.
- All nominees must have received no other significant, relevant awards or recognition.
- Posthumous nominations will not be accepted.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominees must be aware of their nomination and should be consulted during the application process to ensure all information provided is accurate and current. Nominees must endorse their consent on their nomination form for ATB Financial, or its agents, to collect, use and disclose their name, address, and other personal information for the purpose of administering this competition, for directly marketing to you ATB Financial, and its subsidiaries, products and services (unless you have expressly opted out), and publishing their name and/or image in ATB news stories, comments, reports and articles, including web content published by ATB, and for other uses by ATB Financial as permitted by law.
- Nominees cannot be employees, or family members of employees, or board representatives, or family members of board representatives, of ATB Financial, the Art Gallery of Alberta, or the Mistresses of the Modern – Celebrating Alberta Women through Stories organizing committee.
- Nominees, if selected as winners, must consent to a filmed interview during the month of March. ATB Financial will travel to the nominees to complete these interviews. All nominees will be required to sign a release form authorizing ATB to collect, use and disclose their name, image and filmed interview for any and all purposes related to the ATB Financial, including, but is not limited to, presentations at the Art Gallery of Alberta, on the wearealberta website, and at ATB’s annual public meeting, and publishing their name and/or image in ATB news stories, comments, reports and articles, including web content published by ATB.
- Nominees, should they be selected as winners, should be able to attend a reception in Edmonton on Thursday, April 19th, 2012 (exceptions will be considered). Travel (within Alberta) and accommodation (one night hotel) for each winner plus one guest will be provided by ATB Financial. The winners and their respective travel guests are responsible for obtaining proper travel documentation, travel insurance, meals, gas, excess insurance and mileage for the rental care (if applicable) and all other expenses that are not specifically included.
- All nominations must be made with a complete, official nomination form, including a nomination letter (maximum 500 words) and up to three letters of support (maximum 250 words each) from individuals familiar with the nominee. Each document in the nomination package must include the names of both the nominee and the nominator. By providing the nomination and letters of support the nominator and each individual providing such letter of support hereby consents to ATB Financial, or its agents, collecting and using their name, address, and other personal information for the purpose of administering this competition, for directly marketing to them ATB Financial, and its subsidiaries, products and services (unless you have expressly opted out), and for other uses by ATB Financial as permitted by law. All nominations become the permanent property of ATB Financial. ATB Financial assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected nominations, and no nomination submission will be returned. All nominations and related intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright, become the sole property of ATB Financial, without compensation to nominees. Upon nomination each nominee irrevocably waives all moral rights protecting the nomination. Nominations, stories and filmed interviews may, throughout the competition and thereafter, be distributed, used, reproduced, exhibited, donated, sold and/or displayed by ATB Financial on its websites or in other locations, which rights are granted by a nominee to ATB Financial upon entry, all without notice or compensation to nominee.
How to Nominate:
1) Download the nomination form:
- Download nomination form as a Word file
- Download nomination form as a PDF
- You can also receive a nomination form through email by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or through regular mail by calling 1-855-392-2858 (Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm).
2) ONE nomination package per nominee may be submitted to either:
Nominations will be accepted beginning December 1st, 2011. The deadline for nominations will be 11:59pm on February 19th, 2012. No nominations will be accepted beyond the deadline, without exception.